Home Forums Ademco Technical Questions ademco vista 10SE with 6127/6128 keypad

This topic contains 23 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ChosunOne 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

RH

I have a ademco vista 10SE with 6127/6128 keypads that don't except any keystrokes from the keypads. The keypad displays zones  correctly when doors and windows are opened, the ready led is on, and the keypads beeps when you enter anything. The system will not arm or except any keystrokes. I've powered down the system then powered it back up with no changes, still the same. Any ideas I can try to fix this problem.

Fishlips25
    Participant

What affects one keypad will affect all. You may have a bad keypad. Try removing all keypads from the main panel and reapply them one at a time checking to see if they work.

RH

Fishlips25,
    I powered down and powered up everytime I removed and re-installed the two keypads I have in different locations and I still have the same problem. Anymore suggestions I can try?The keypads displayed d1 for about 20 seconds then went away everytime I reapplied power.

vector18

You need to remove the keypad from the wall, bring it to the panel and remove all the wires on the keypad terminals. Than connect one keypad directly to the panel. If the keypad functions, connect the wire that you removed and than reinstall it on the wall. If either keypad does not function wired directly to the panel, most likely your panel if fried and
    time for a new one.

RH

I removed ac power and battery power. Then I removed both keypads from the wall. I removed wires at the control panel in terminals 4,5,6,and 7. I then installed 1 keypad, within 1ft of control panel,  in terminal 4,5,6, and 7. Re-applied ac and battery power. keypad displayed d1 on top left, ac on top right, and not ready on bottom right for approx. one minute then d1 and not ready disappeared with only ac on top right and ready led illuminated. System still does not work. Keypads display correct zone when door or windows opened. Keypads will not arm or have any affect on system when entering any combinations. Any suggestions?

Fishlips25
    Participant

The keypad should be sounding when you press any key. I would use a volt meter to read dc power across the red and black of the keypad to make sure it is getting over 12 volts. Other than that it may be time to upgrade the panel.

vector18

I would remove every wire on the aux power as well and connect the keypad only. Hit the 1 and 3 and make sure the address for your keypad is 31. Hit * to exit. Also, I'm not sure right now, but there should be voltage on either the green, the yellow, or both. Try both keypads also.
    Make sure you have over 16vac on the transformer terminals, make sure you have over 12vdc on the aux power terminals. If you checked and did all of that and still nothing, time for a new panel.

RH

I checked the ac power and it reads 18.1vac. I also checked the dc voltage and it reads 13.5vdc. The yellow wire has 11vdc. I removed all wires at aux power and only connected the keypad. Tried hitting 1 and 3 several different combinations nothing is working, the keypad only beeps with keystroke entries. Both keypads act the same way. I found out the system was alarmed, set off, and the person didn't know how to turn it off so they started hitting different combinations on the keypad until the alarm turn off. After that the system is where it is now.
    Do you think I may have two bad keypads? Any suggestions?

vector18

Did you connect the green and yellow as well? You didn't mention it in your post.

RH

Yes I did. The wires for the keypad. Connections 4-black, 5-red, 6-green, and 7-yellow.

vector18

What does the keypad display, anything at all? Does it show that it's armed? If you power the system up with the keypad on the panel does anything happen if you hit the * and # together? You hit the 1 and 3 together and nothing happens? Does not sound good.  ???

RH

When I applied ac and battery power I tried hitting * and # in different combinations and the display shows d1 on the top left, ac on the top right, and not ready on the bottom right for approx.  1 minute, then d1 and not ready disappear, then only the ac on the top right is displayed and the green ready led is illuminated on the right. Nothing happens when I hit 1 and 3 in different combinations.

vector18

Get a Vista 20p  :)

ChosunOne
    Participant

RH

I meant I hit and held both keys together before ac and battery power was applied and also both keys after power was applied.  Any suggestions?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.