Home Forums Ademco Technical Questions ademco vista 20P 6160 keypad

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rvt 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

drmrman
    Participant

I started programming my vista 20p with the 6160 alpha keypad. After putting in the installers code I went to #20 to change the installer code to a new master code. I accidently  programmed the code incorrectly and it jumped to *21.  I have no idea what the new master code I programmed in is and I can't get back into programming mode.  Can any one help me get into the programming mode..

cyremann
    Participant

Unplug the battery and power down the panel. Power it back up and press * and # together while the keypad still shows 'd1'. That will put you into programming mode.

rvt
    Keymaster

Hi and welcome . tou cannot change anything by pressing #20 you must press *20,you can recheck  by , powering the system down AC and BAT then  power up AC first then pressing #+* with in 50 sec. the pad will display 20, then hit #20 it will sequence the present IC ,then hit *20 enter new code
    see your install guide to see the difference between installer and master code

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.