Home Forums Moose Technical Questions Beeping every 50 seconds

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Old EW Tech 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jonyskiw

I have experienced the same problem after installing a new battery. It worked fine for about 4 days then after performing its daily automatic battery check it now beeps every 50 seconds, except the beep sound comes from the ceiling sensor/speaker not the keypad. I have powered down the system twice for about 1 hour but the beep starts again and occurs every 50 seconds.Why is this occurring?

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum.

Let us know the make/model of the device on the ceiling and we can move on from there.

jonyskiw

The Security System is a Moose Z1100e Security System Control with 8 zones. There are 3 keypads (all on the main level) and 3 ceiling smoke detectors (one on the main floor and 2 in the finished basement). Only the smoke detector on the main floor beeps every 50 seconds. Here are the markings:
    Dicon Systems Ltd (Toronto, Canada)    330 SR 12/24 ionization type
    12 or 24v AC/DC  145mA and a sticker with NP22
    There are 3 LED lights lit (solid green, not flashing) on the keypads:
    Power, Interior On, and Delay.

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

Try resetting the detector by pressing 7 + code (Smoke Reset and Battery Load Test).

Let us know the results.

jonyskiw

The reset has stopped the beep… had to do it twice, but it worked and has been silent ever since. Have to see what it does when the automatic battery check is performed tomorrow.
    Thank you for the help

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

Good, glad that you got it.  :)

jonyskiw

It seems my problem is back.
    Ever since the daily battery check occurred earlier today a beeping sound  now comes from the ceiling sensor/speaker (smoke detector) every 50 seconds. I have tried several times to reset the 'smoke detector' by pressing 7 + code as per your previous instructions (on Jan. 10/11) but to no avail.
    The Security System is a Moose Z1100e Security System Control with 8 zones. There are 3 keypads (all on the main level) and 3 ceiling smoke detectors (one on the main floor and 2 in the finished basement). Only the smoke detector on the main floor beeps every 50 seconds. Here are the markings:
    Dicon Systems Ltd (Toronto, Canada)    330 SR 12/24 ionization type
    12 or 24v AC/DC  145mA and a sticker with NP22
    There are 3 LED lights lit (solid green, not flashing) on the keypads:
    Power, Interior On, and Delay.
    Any thought as to why this is occuring again.

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

That model smoke detector was discontinued some time ago.

Given that the detectors are probably the same vintage as the system and the fact that the detectors have a recommended useful life of 10 years, I'd recommend that you replace all three.

jonyskiw

Where would I be able to acquire these replacement units… I am in Western Canada?

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

We can't tell you where you might be able to purchase locally; however, we sent you the forum's list of recommended online resellers of alarms and alarm related equipment.

The ESL 449CST or System Sensor 4WTABA would be my suggestions for replacements.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.