Home Forums DSC Technical Questions Bell Circuit Trouble

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eric In Texas 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tonysh

Hi everyone,I'm new to this forum, so bear with me.I have DSC Power Series alarm system with LCD5501Z keypad. It started beeping about a week ago (every 10 sec). I was able to turn these beeps off and I thought it was time to replace the back up battery. I ordered a new battery, replaced it and the yellow trouble light was still on. I started digging a little deeper and after entering *2 and seeing 1 as a trouble code, I found out I could enter another '1' to narrow down the problem. After I entered '1' after *2, it gave me '2' which apparently means Bell Circuit Trouble. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it? My alarm isn't hooked to the central station by the way.TIA,-Tony.

Fishlips25
    Participant

Hey first timer welcome :) Bell trouble means that it is having trouble sensing that the siren is connected. Check the terminals that say bell input in the panel to make sure they are not loose. Do the same with the connections at the siren(s) Good luck

Eric In Texas
    Participant

Also, if there happens to be no siren in place, or if the siren, or wire is bad for some reason, you can take care of this by placing a 1k ohm resistor across the bell terminals in the panel until you want to tackle the repair.

Eric

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.