Home Forums Caddx Technical Questions DL900 programming

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ABLE1 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

deverson
    Participant

I have the DL900 software installed and use it for my NX8E panel. However, I have a NX8 panel I want to program for my son. I have reset the panel to the default settings so it now a dumb panel with keypad installed. How do I download the dl9oo program I set up for this panel to the cute little red box I got from a GE training session in MPLS. It has the red/black/green leads hanging out of it along with a serial input. I looked for the number on it but there is no part number. I remember I can load 4 panels into this but don't remember how.Thanks for your helpDave

ABLE1
    Participant

First you will need a PC or Laptop with a Serial Port and DL900 loaded.

Configure DL900 to use COM1 which should be default in the computer and DL900.

Lets assume that you will be using a Laptop.  Get DL900 up and create a new account.  Then connect the Red/Blk/Grn to the Keypad Buss Plus/Minus/Data respectively.

Plug the NX588 into the serial port.

Then go to the Connect tab and choose Direct Connect.

Hopefully it will connect the first time.

Good Luck

ABLE1

ABLE1
    Participant

Oh, and if your Laptop only has USB ports then you will need a USB to serial adapter.

ABLE1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.