Home Forums DSC Technical Questions dsc fuse

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ken_in_Pittsburgh 6 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

christos
    Participant

I am looking for a replacement fuse for my 2550 panel. It is a small glass cylindrical fuse. Unforunately I have no specs for it .Radio Shack doesnt have it and without more info I cant be sure what to order on-line. The only thing I was able to get from the fuse itself is that it is a 1amp and there is the letter E stamped on the end. Does anyone know where I can find one or has a part no. Thanks, Chris

Chris,

Radio Shack doesn't have it? It's just a simple 1 amp fuse (for the AUX circuit, right?) that should be available just about anywhere. Was it a matter of matching the physical size? Other than that, it's just a fuse.

–Ken

christos
    Participant

The size is the problem. I cant find one that small

Chris,

How long is the fuse? I found a website that has a lot of info on fuses. I'm no expert on this, but it appears that designations 1AG, 2AG, 3AG, etc. refer to the physical dimensions of the fuse. Check it out at http://www.action-electronics.com/fus2ag.htm   .

–Ken

christos
    Participant

Thanks Ken, after puting on the wifes reading glasses I was able to male out the tiny writing on the fuse. It is a 2ag 1 amp. Thanks again, this will make tracking one down alot easier. Chris

Excellent. You might try a local auto parts store or even Home Depot/Lowes.

–Ken

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.