Home Forums DSC Technical Questions DSC PC 1832 – Gen Sys Tmpr

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dannymat 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Viperoptic

Hi AllI need some assistance, This is driving me crazy, This is the 4th installation that I have done and all well except for this irritating error.*2 “Gen Sys Tmpr”DetailsSystem: PC 1832Keypad: RFK5564No Expansion modules4 Wireless Pirs3 Wireless Door Mags5 Wired Pir’s2 Wired door magsI am using only 7 wired Zones and 7 Wireless zones. All is working 100% fine except for this Tamper error.What I have tried• * 2 – Check for more details and only show “Gen Sys Tmpr’• *2 – 5/6/ = No Zone faults and No Zone tamper problems• No Wireless Battery lows• I have checked all the wireless devices and all working 100% (Removed a device and get a ZONE tamper, put back device and ZONE tamper goes away)I do not have a zone expander so nothing to bridge for this general Tamper.Any idea please ?Thank you in advance

dannymat
    Participant

installer code
    * (keypad programming)
    try turning option 3 off
    that's your keypad tamper

if it still doesn't clear it, pull the a/c and battery on the panel, sometimes trouble conditions "get stuck" in the panel, and a simple power cycle clears it

Viperoptic

Thanks for the quick feedback, I did not think about the Keypad Tamper,

I will give it a try.

dannymat
    Participant

sorry, option 3 – on
    go figure turning the option on turns the tamper off

Viperoptic

Thanks for the update, I will give it a try this weekend  ;)

Fishlips25
    Participant

Also try pressing *6 master code and goto the event history. Use the arrow keys to go back in time and it should show you exactly what the tamper is from.

Viperoptic

:-< man oh man,,, Since I done this install about a month ago and got stuck with this issue. I have totally forgotten the installer code….. can you believe it.  :'( My brother in law gave me the 2 codes, and he can't even remember.. LOL

I have the master code but no installer code.

So I am doing *8… try and guess the code try twice then enter 6666 then exit then try it all over again. to avoid keypad lock out. LOL

I really do not feel like resetting the panel. But unless there are other suggestions on ways to get / reset the installer code. then it's back to square 1  ::)

dannymat
    Participant

Use dls, hopefully you left your default downloading access code

bcavender
    Participant

Danny,
    I have a similar problem trying to reset the general system tamper.  I have RFK5500 V1.3 and PK5500 V1.3N keypads bussed to an 1832 with regular alarm wire (bus was working for an FBII system just removed so I think the cabling is good. The "General System Tamper" error is on both keypads.

DLS 5 gives the error via a TL260/Ethernet link as "Wireless Module Keybus Problem".

At the keypad I tried going to and resetting option 3 "keyboard tamper" but it comes up with
    "0460 … Enter Data" ???

The manual says that 0460 means "Version 4.6", but if that was true and obviously a fixed version number…why would DSC want you to put in "Data"???

The manual is no help on this one.

Both pads seem to operate correctly as far as arming/disarming/etc, except I cannot get one to broadcast the ASCII labels to the other like the instructions state. That's not a biggie, but maybe a clue.

Ideas?

Best regards,

Bruce

dannymat
    Participant

Do you have your keypads assigned to different slots?
    installer code
    18 (that's partition 1 slot 8)
    ###

set one keypad on 18, then goto the other and set it to 11

then
    installer code
    wait a minute
    ###

You might have both keypads in the same slot

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.