Home Forums DSC Technical Questions DSC PC5010 Master Code

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ken_in_Pittsburgh 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dannom
    Participant

Hi There,I'm another sap who just moved into a house and I do not have the master code for my system. My system is - DSC 832, and I have a 5501Z keypad. So if I understand right, I should cross my fingers a pray that the installer did not change the installer code?I should enter *8 5010, and hope to hear several quick beeps. If I do .. then what? How do I change the master code?Otherwise, if I enter *8 5010 and hear a single, long tone, then I don't know the installer code, and I'm raelly screwed. :( Except to reset the entire system, in which case I probably have to reprogram everything? And I'm only guessing that I'm probably too stupid to figure that out. :( Any other options? Thanks.

Fishlips25
    Participant

If you know the company that installed it they may come out and change it for you. You may have to pay a one time service fee. Or maybe you can find out there installer code from searching on the web. You may have to default the panel to get the master.

dannom
    Participant

Thanks for the info. So if I could find the installer code (either from the web, company, etc), then how do I reset the master code? I push *5 xxxx (installer code)… then what?

Fishlips25
    Participant

If you have the installer code you can change the master code through the installer programming. Follow these steps *8, installer code, 007 ,new master code,#. Remember all codes are 4 digits long. Good luck ;)

dannom
    Participant

Great, thanks for your help!

Now uh, suppose that some moron (okay, it was me) accidentally armed the system using the quick-arm (without knowing the code). I suppose that the *8 command does not work when the system is armed? So basically the only way to disarm it is to either find the master code, or else default the entire system?

You cannot enter Installer Programming (*8 ) while the system is armed. Your chances of stumbling upon the correct access code are, shall we say, rather slim. ;D   If you choose instead to default the system, you may want to look at the FAQ entitled "How To Program A DSC System".

–Ken

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.