Home Forums DSC Technical Questions Dsc power 832

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  codeblue 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

codeblue
    Participant

Hey guys I have a customer that is wanting us to do a take over on a DSC Power 832 system. The system does not have the default code in the system or any of the commonly used codes by the installing company. So therefore we are locked out of programming. Is there a back-door way into programming on this system. I am not a DSC guru byt no means. Come on Old EW hook me up with some usefull info.

Welcome to the forum.

Before we can do anything, we must know whether you have the Installer's Code. If you don't know, you can try the default code (in case, by some chance, it was never changed), like this:  press   *8   5010 and take note of what happens. Let us know.

–Ken

Fishlips25
    Participant

Get into programming by hitting *8 installer code. Once in hit 380 and hit 1 to turn off light 1 then hit #. This will disable the alarm from trying to communicate. You may also want to turn off the alarm from monitoring the phone line. If so hit 015 and 7 to turn off light 7 then #. To exit programming hit ##. If you don't know the installer code you can try the default ones in case they have not been changed. They are 5555 or 5010. If not then you may have to default the panel defualt dsc panel

codeblue
    Participant

Ok Ken and  Fishlips 25 ;D
    I put in the installer codes but i don't think they are working. It beeped at me like i made a mistake. What i am trying to accomplish is a stand alone system with no monitoring. The system is about 10 years old. The first system's board got fried in the Eastern Seaboard blackout when the power came back on. So the installer put in another board which has had the trouble light on with the #4 code. He said he would be back in a couple of days to figure it out and fix it… never came back. That was seven years ago. Any suggestions on what to do ???

The trouble code is not a concern at this point. You said this board was installed seven years ago. Have you ever been able to use it? Do you have a functioning access code? Is the green ready light on?

–Ken

codeblue
    Participant

Yes I can set the alarm and turn it off. The green ready light is on and working.

OK. Getting rid of the trouble code is easy. Remove all power from the system (unplug the transformer and the battery inside the cabinet), wait a minute, then reconnect power. You'll get a new trouble code (#8), which means you must reset the system clock (your manual tells you how to do that). Now, disabling the dialer is a different matter. You can't do that without entering Installer's Programming, and for that you must have the Installer's Code. Now there is a chance that you could reset the system to factory settings, but you would then need to reprogram from scratch. If your system were not functional now, I'd say go for it… what do you have to lose? But your system is usable as is, so it's not such an easy decision. If you think you'd like to gain control of your system by defaulting, take a look at the DSC FAQ's that tell you how to default and reprogram. If you want to tackle it, we're here to help.

–Ken

codeblue
    Participant

Ok I'll try that. The reset is the last alternative. Thank for you help for now. I'll get back to you soon on my progress.
    Doug

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.