Home Forums DSC Technical Questions DSC Power 832 Master Code

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ken_in_Pittsburgh 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

elsa
    Participant

Hi, I moved in the house with the dsc 832, 5010 installed.  The owner didnt told us the master code.  Is there any other way to know the master code or change it?  The trouble light is lighted and I already changed the battery.  I also downloaded the manual, and tested the type of trouble, the result is 8 which is acdg to the manual, loss of time on the system clock.  I would like to try to set the system time but i dont know the master code.  Whay should I do? Thanks a lot…

Welcome to the forum.

This is a common situation. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of options. The best solution would be to contact the previous owner to obtain the code, which you could then change. If that's not possible, there is one other thing to try. If, by some chance, the Installer's Code was never changed, you could change the Master Code through Installer's Programming. Here's what to do: press *8  5010   and note the the response on the keypad. If you hear several quick beeps, you're in luck. If you hear a single, long tone, then the code has been changed; in that case, you will not be able to enter programming. At that point, your only option is to attempt to reset the system; if the reset is successful, we can help you with the programming (please be aware that there is a bit of a learning curve). Let us know…..

–Ken

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.