Home Forums DSC Technical Questions DSC Smoke Detector Reset

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Fishlips25 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

nik180

The smoke alarm went off on a PC1616 alarm system.  After entering the code to turn the system off I now see the fire symbol on the keypad.  Memory is usually cleared by arming and then disarming the system.  The number 6 shows up on the key pad when I try to arm the system. The key pad displays the 6 and beeps but no longer arms.  I tried holding the reset button but that does not seem to fix this either.  Any ideas on other things that I could try?

Fishlips25
    Participant

If the smoke detector is tripped it will have a solid red light on the smoke. If programmed properly the smoke should reset after holding down the reset button for two seconds. You may also be able to reset it by pressing *72 on the keypad. If it doesn't work then have someone stand by the smoke when you try to reset it. If the smoke's red light clicks off and back on then the reset is working and the smoke is bad. If the red light stays on uninterupted then the reset function isn't programmed properly or the smoke isn't wired properly. If that's the case then you will have to do a manual reset and pull the smoke down and disconnect and reconnect the power wire to it.

nik180

Thank you. The red light stayed on uniterrupted.  I am guessing the reset function isn't programmed properly since I used the FAQ to program this originally and it says….
    Function keys, likewise, are already programmed by default as “Stay,” “Away,” “Chime,” “Reset,” and “Exit.” Unless you have a specific need for a different function, you needn’t touch that programming.

I read this thinking that no programming was required for the reset function.  Do you have any advice regarding what is needed to program the reset button correctly?

Fishlips25
    Participant

Hey Nik180,

I'm assuming that this is a 4 wire smoke detector. To get the reset to work you have to hook the negative power wire of the smoke to pgm2 on the 1616 panel. Then in programming goto section 009 and make the pgm2 type 03 for smoke reset. If done correctly pgm2 will shut off then back on when you hit the reset button on the keypad. This will reset the smokes power.  ;)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.