Home Forums Ademco Technical Questions Help on First Alert FA142C Security System

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Michialt 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bcj
    Participant

I moved to new house installed with FA142C and not monitored. System is disarmed and only Chimes for local faults. Recently it started beeping continuously at least 2 times in a day and 2 times in night and stops on pressing any button. Disply is changing between 10, Check,Chime,AC and AC,NOT Ready,Chime, BAT. I don't have Master Code and unable to find solution. Battery in panel as well as remote sensor on Patio Door seems to be OK.

DEL Installations
    Participant

seems you have a bad battery in the device programmed as zone 10, which needs to be replaced. The check, most likely, alludes to you removing the cover from the wireless device (tamper condition).

You will need the master code to reset/restore the trouble conditions after replacing the battery.

Barring the maintenance, your other option would be to power the system down and disregard it's use.

bcj
    Participant

Thanks for quick response. I removed AC from panel first and measured accross panel battery terminals – it is 9.3 V and screen is blank. This tells me system battery is also dead (Not sure if 9 V is OK as Battery is 12V). I will try to change this battery first. I am unable to figure out what device is Zone 10, so  I will open all one by one and replace battery.

Is it possible to reset/get Master Code to manage this system. Can I follow one of the existing postings for resetting code for this device too ? Kindly advise.

DEL Installations
    Participant

Sounds like you have a bunch of maintenance to do.

Your panel battery is shot, It shouldn't read less than 12V, and I'd assume that you have a device with a low battery as well.

I believe the FA 142 is essentially a rebadged V-15P, but since I'm not a FA dealer, I can't give you an exact answer. The procedure posted in the sticky should provide you a point to go work from.

Michialt

DEL Installations
    Participant

Take a peek at the sticky in the forum's topic, it should contain a bunch of information of interest  :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.