Home Forums System Recommendations, System Design Home Alarm without monitoring

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ademcouser 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Pirates1

Just curious as to what would be the best home system to use if I plan on not using the monitoring feature?

Security101
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum…

It all depends on what you're wanting to do…

I would spend some time searching the forum for answers as it's been discussed here regularly!  ;)

Jim

Pirates1

Jim,  Thanks for the response.  I am just trying to deter someone, I have just moved to a 1200sqf house, and have already had a break in.  My neighbors are rock throw distance, but unfortunately they didn't hear anything.  I would like to install it myself, so I am leaning towards a wireless system.  I have three doors and three windows that I would like to put a sensor on.  I have been researching the DSC Alexor, but just not sure.  Any recommendations?  Rene

rcifire

If you are going to install a security system and not have it monitored by a central station, save yourself some money and just get a "Monitored by …….." sign made at local print shop!  This is almost the same as buying a gun and no bullets!  :)

Think about car alarms.  Most people don't even look up now because of the number of nuisance alarms we hear on a daily basis.

If you haven't already, read the FAQ about monitoring of your system for the pros and cons.  And no……I don't work for a central station operator.

Pirates1

Ok, thanks for the information.  One more question, can anyone tell me the difference between the Vista 15p and Vista 20p?  Which is better in the house I described above?  Thanks

ademcouser
    Participant

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.