Home Forums Ademco Technical Questions Honeywell Lynx Touch – how to add external siren

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jcteck88 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

BarbaRoja
    Participant

I would like to add a Honeywell 748 external siren to my Lynx Touch alarm.  The documentation is pretty sketchy on how to do this.  I think  that I should add it as a 'Device' and it needs to be wired to the trigger terminal on the circuit board but I can find nothing about how to define the device or any specifics on wiring or power needs fo the 748.  Any help or links to better info would be greaty appreciated.

trifish

I just added an external sounder to my Touch so I may be able to help.  I did it by trial and error since nothing seemed to be available on the topic.

You are correct about setting up a device to trigger the output.  I set up 3 in total in this manner. Obviously you can adjust them for your needs.
    Type: trigger output
    Action: permanent on
    Start action:any burglary alarm, fire alarm, and duress 
    Stop action: bell timeout

Be aware that the trigger output is only capable of 3ma so it will not run a siren you will need an external power source and relay  to operate the siren.

BarbaRoja
    Participant

Thanks Trifish!

I think you gave me all I need.  I'll track down the components and put this together.

Security101
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum…

If you haven't already, search the forum for "siren relay power supply" etc and you'll find some part # ideas…  :D

Jim

jcteck88

I have been trying to figure this one out my self. I need to get some hardware and wire it up for my WAVE2 external siren.https://www.alarmgrid.com/documents/honeywell-lynxtouch-external-sounder-install-guide

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.