Home Forums Ademco Technical Questions Issue with Honeywell 5894pi Motion Sensor

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DEL Installations 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

alarmclock
    Participant

Hi everyone,This is my first time here and would greatly appreciate it if any of you guys could help me out on this one. I've had my alarm for 2 years and this is the first issue I've had with it. My house had an ademco system installed when I moved in and when I called the alarm company to hook everything up, they installed honeywell equipment for the keypad, motion sensor and wireless door and window sensors. I needed to paint the room where the motion sensor is so the other night when I popped the front cover off of it, eventhough the alarm was not set, it killed the dial tone and my keypad started beeping. I removed the motion sensor and noticed that once I put it back, the little red light doesn't blink at all when the front cover is on it. If I take the cover off it, the red light blinks. When I put the alarm in 'test mode', a fault is showing for the motion sensor. I tried taking the batteries out of it and then putting them back in to see if this would "reset" it but I still have the same problem. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

DEL Installations
    Participant

The first items mentioned are normal par for the course, trouble beeps and sending a signal to the CS when a RF device is opened or "tampered" with. Also, the motion will also turn on the LED for a short period after having the cover removed for testing purposes, which generally time out after about 5-10 minutes.

If the cover is closed properly, a code+off sequence until you get a clear display should be all that is necessary. The LED/walk test feature will time out also.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.