Home Forums Ademco Technical Questions lynx reset

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Security101 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rockinwire

I recently moved into a new house and it came equipped with an ademco lynxr-1.  The realitor did not give me any codes.  So how do I go about reseting this thing and reprogramming the codes?

Security101
    Keymaster

First you'll need to get into programming either by rebooting or using the installer code which you don't have. The panel could also be locked depending on how it was left with the last dealer.

Power down (remove transformer, disconnect internal battery – reconnect transformer then battery) – press and hold the * & # buttons w/in 30 seconds, and see what happens.

If you see a "20" then your in luck. Download the manual from the left and program as shown, but first change the installer code (at *20) to a code you know then press *99 to exit programming. <>

Once out of programming, press the new installer code – 8 – 02 – _ _ _ _, _ _ _ _ (new master code – twice) until it beeps. check that new code and off(1) to see if it beeps – if so your in business!

Jim

rockinwire

So I did the power down and power up and got 20.  But i can't find the manual. Can u help?

Security101
    Keymaster

Great!

At 20 press in your new "IC" (installer code),
    Press *99 (to exit)

Now lets change the "MC" (master code):
    (when back to regular screen) press IC_ _ _ _, 8, 02, (new)MC_ _ _ _, MC_ _ _ _ (again)

When done try MC and off(1) to see if it beeps – if it does that's your new master code! You only have a few seconds between presses so I recommend writing down the sequence you wish to insert.

Jim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.