Home Forums ITI and GE Technical Questions Master code on Simon 3

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ABLE1 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

sniffles

Hi,

So I bought a house that the previous owner had installed a simon 3.  I'm not interested in continuing service with A*T, but want to add more sensors, etc..  From what I've read, the only way to get the master code is to brute-force it.  I've disconnected the siren as after trying 4-5 times sets it off.

What I'd like to know is if in my brute-force method, if I happen upon the master password, would it silence the alarm or would I have to enter it multiple times to silence the alarm?

thanks in advance for any *useful* info.

ABLE1
    Participant

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

This is my first attempt to provide you with *useful* info, so I hope it works. ;D

You will need the "Installation Manual", read page 17 "Reset Memory to Factory Default" and have the "Utility Access Code 1" for starters.

Never heard of the "Brute Force" method.  Is that where you use a big hammer and then go buy a new panel??  That can work………………

Good Luck

ABLE1

MtnTech

You need the installer code if A*T put it in good luck.
    Would be better off gettin Simon xt. Lot better unit with the ability to self monitor. also the sensors might be the ( orange cap ) ones which were recalled few yrs back.

MtnTech

sniffles

Thanks.  So to restate my main question:
    upon my brute-force cracking, if I hit upon the installer code, would it silence the alarm that would surely be going off?  Or would I have to enter the code more than once to silence the alarm?

I know that for the joe-blow user code, I have to enter it twice to get the alarm to silence.

anyone?  thx!!

ABLE1
    Participant

Well until you explain the procedure of your "Brute-Force" method it is hard to say what will happen.

Again you will need the "Installation Manual", read page 17 that tells about what the "Utility Access Code 1" can and cannot do depending on other parameters that may be set.

Regardless it may not be worth your time.  Much easier to replace.

Good Luck

ABLE1

sniffles

brute force = trying all codes until one works.

it's probably only 4 digits, so that's 10,000 codes.  Couple of hours to get it if I only need to enter the correct code once to stop the alarm.  Time will double if I need to enter it twice. 

I guess no one's ever set off the alarm after entering the incorrect code and then silencing it?

ABLE1
    Participant

You will need a User Code to disarm the system. 

The Program Code will only get you into programming and it can be a 6 – 5 – 4 or 3 digit code.

You can only enter programming when the system is disarmed.

Kinda changes your way of thinking??

Good Luck.

ABLE1

sniffles

bummer.  I do know it's 4 digits.  So it will give no indication that it's accepted programming code?  Maybe time to try a different approach.  The worst that I could do is fry the board and then have to go and buy a simon XT :-)   Maybe I'll get one of my semiconductor buddies to help.  Thanks for the info Able1.

ABLE1
    Participant

IF   it is disarmed

IF   it is 4 digits

IF   it is the right code

You will know when you are in program mode.

But you will need the install manual to do anything correctly.

ABLE1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.