Home Forums Moose Technical Questions MOOSE Z800 Help

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  newmoose 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

newmoose

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum.

How many keypads on the system and what type (model number) are they?

Remove and reapply power (transformer and battery) and let us know what the keypad indications are before pressing any keys.

newmoose

Thanks for the quick response.

I have two keypads – one in the bedroom & one off  the garage, the control panel is in the bedroom closet.

Keypad number is Z800IC.

When power up the bedroom shows 1, 2, 3, & etc  scrolling across with the buzz/ring. The keypad off the garage show no lights or sound.

Thanks

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

Remove power (as before), remove the garage door keypad from the wall and unplug it, reapply power and see if there is any change in the bedroom keypad display.

newmoose

I unpluged the keypad at off the garage and power up th system.
    The bedroom keypad responded the same as all other times.

thanks

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

When you previously pressed the 3 and 9 keys simultaneously, did you remove and reapply all power (battery and transformer) and press the keys within 60 seconds of powering up?

newmoose

With the help of a friend I tried several time within 60 sec.

same results…

thanks

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

There are several ways to enter programming.  If any of the following procedures get you into programming, press * to exit without pressing any other keys.

1.  Remove one of the leads from the battery, unplug the transformer, reconnect the battery lead and plug the transformer back in.  Within 60 seconds of reapplying power, press and hold the 3 and 9 keys simultaneously.  Keypad indicators should flash indicating entering programming. If successful, exit with *.

2.  Remove one of the leads from the battery, unplug the transformer, reconnect the battery lead and plug the transformer back in.  Within 60 seconds of reapplying power, enter 0, 8, 5, 2, *.   Keypad indicators should flash indicating entering programming.  If successful, exit with *.

3. Press and hold the 9 key for three seconds (keypad beeps 3 times), press 9, 6, 3, 2, 1 (all keypad light blink), press * to exit programming.

If none of these work, check the connections on terminals 5, 6, 7 and 8 on the circuit board and make sure they are secure.

If they are OK, remove all power from the system (remove a lead from the battery and unplug the low voltage transformer).

Remove the bedroom keypad from the wall, cut the wires (close to the splices), remove the wires from terminals 5, 6, 7 and 8 and connect the keypad directly to the terminals with a short piece of cable (observe the color code) and power back up.

Let us know the results.

newmoose

Thanks
        I'am going to be away for a few days. I'll try these when I get back
    & give you a update.  Hope for good news….

newmoose

BIG STEP FORWARD….
    I was able to try the 3+9 keys (in a more control environment) & gained access to programming. I change the authorization code and the system will armed with the new code.  This was all done using the keypad in the bedroom (close to the control panel).
    The ready light is on, & smoke and motion detectors are blinking. This part appears to be working.  However the bedroom keypad trouble indicator is illuminated and the keypad off the garage keys light up but the ready light is not on.  Pressing and holding the 2 key indicate a 2. The reset key is required to stop the beeping.
    Any more suggestions???

Thanks for the help.

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

Remove the Garage keypad from the wall; unplug the connector and reconnect (system power on).  If the keypad indications remain unchanged proceed as follows:

• Remove all power from the system (remove a lead from the battery and unplug the low voltage transformer).
    • Cut garage keypad wires (close to the splices), remove the wires from terminals 5, 6, 7 and 8 on the panel and connect the keypad directly to the terminals with a short piece of cable (observe the color code as shown on the wiring diagram in the Installation Manual) and power back up.

Let us know the results.

newmoose

I tried connecting the garage keypad directly to the control panel, nothing but the backlight for the keys, no ready light or other indicators. It must be bad. I move the bedroom keypad to the garage area and it work great. So I can use the system with one keypad and set it when I leave the house. What type and where could I find a replacement keypad ?

Thanks for everything you got the system usabel.

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

Great, glad that you got it.    :)

Any Z800 Series keypad will be compatible.  A "want" on the forum's For Sale or Looking to Buy board may bring results. 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.