Home Forums Napco Technical Questions Napco Magnum Alert 800 keypad programming issues

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  charles54 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

charles54
    Participant

Hello:

It's been years since we have used our system. I recently fired it up again.

All of the contacts and motion sensors work great. The issue is that I can't program the keypad. I am following the instructions and the green light stays on and nothing happens.  I can manually arm and disarm using the black button on the top left side of the control panel.

Any ideas as to what might be the problem?

I still have the original programming record sheet from the installation but that means nothing to me.

Thanks

mikealarm
    Keymaster

If you are trying to change anything other then the arm/disarm code, you need to pull the programming chip and use a programmer, that is the only way.

charles54
    Participant

Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated.

dilligaff
    Participant

The Magnum 800 is about 20+ years old. If you are having trouble with it you might consider upgrading to a newer panel.
    You can get a DSC kit which gives you everything you need for a complete installation except for a transformer and contacts for about $125.00 .

charles54
    Participant

Thanks, where can I get the panel you are referring to?

Edit:

I am only trying to get a code on the keypad to take.  Any ideas?  I want to oleave everything else the same.

dilligaff
    Participant

The panel that I'm referring to is a DSC PC1616. Check online resellers in the column on the left. the PC1616 gives you 6zones on the main board plus a 2 wire smoke loop and is expandable to 16 hard wired zones and can give you 32 zones using wireless.

charles54
    Participant

Can I use my existing door and window sensors with this unit?  I see I would need to order the 5001 keypad for programming. Is that correct?

Thanks

dilligaff
    Participant

You can use your existing wiring and motion detectors with a new panel.

If you purchase a DSC kit it comes with a keypad, motion det, interior siren, battery,and rj31x jack and cord. The kit price is about the cost of the panel, keypad, and battery. The only thing you need to order separately is the transformer.

Any of the DSC keypads are capable of programming the system.

charles54
    Participant

Thank You…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.