Home Forums Caddx Technical Questions Need help with Networx NX-6v2

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ABLE1 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

TEC

Let me start by saying I'm no technician when it comes to alarm systems….strictly a guessing novice.Cliff Notes ver.: I just installed a keypad. I tested the alarm. Siren went off. Couldn't stop it so I disconnected it and power to the panel. After reconnecting it I can't stop the keypads from beeping constantly.I've had this system in place for a few years and its never given me issues until now. About two weeks ago the keypads (two - one a nx148e and the other a nx1324) stopped working. I did an internet search and found that the main boards have issues with going south after awhile. I bought a new main board and installed the board. After installation the system still did not function. I then began to disconnect the keypads, as I was told those could be likely suspects, only to find that the nx1324 was causing the issue. Once that keypad was removed the system worked as it should. I was able to turn the system on and off with my user code and see that there were no faults being thrown.Today I installed a new nx-148e-rf keypad in place of the nx1324 keypad. Everything seemed ok (ready light and power light green and steady) until I tried to input my user code to turn on the system. My code did not work. I tried then to test the system by inputting *44. The siren immediately went off. I then tried to press the # button to end the test but that did not work. I then tried inputting the default code and that did not work. So I went to the main panel and disconnected the siren while I tried to figure out what was wrong with the pad. After a few minutes both keypads began to beep constantly and a code for siren problem came up on the keypads. I then disconnected power to the entire system and reconnected the siren and powered the system back up. At this point the keypads began to beep constantly again with a trouble code being shown. I cannot get them to stop beeping even after inputting *7 with the default code.Any help to get this thing fixed again would be greatly appreciated!!

ABLE1
    Participant

Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry for the delay.  Normally to silence a trouble it is just a matter of entering a valid user code.  When you say default code are you entering a user code or the factory default of 1234??

The other thing that may be giving you issue is that you need to address the keypads when you install.  This may be your issue at this point.

Let me know your current status.

ABLE1

TEC

Thanks! I got this figured out the same day as I realized that there is a difference between the installers code (9713) and the user code (1234).

Now everything is working fine except the "chime" function.The chime use to only go off when a perimeter zone was tripped, now it goes off if the motion sensor or glass break is tripped. Any help on how to conquer this issue?

Thanks!

ABLE1
    Participant

Glad to hear that you are further ahead than you were.

What Zone Type to you have set for the motions and the glass breaks??

Motions should be a Type 5.

Glass Breaks can be a Type 5 but would be best a Type 6.  Unless you are having a extra problem with the glass breaks it is doubtful that you will get a chime from that zone.

There are other programming that can be done to tweak the system to your needs. 

ABLE1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.