Home Forums Caddx Technical Questions Networx Series NX-148E Has No Power

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ABLE1 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

agoodman82
    Participant

Hi all,I'm a new home-owner and have had no prior experience with home alarm systems. The home I moved into has a Networx Series NX-148E LCD keypad which I left to "chime" whenever a protected zone entry-way (door, window...etc) was opened.A week ago, the keypad displayed a service message which indicated "Control Power Trouble" (description states "the main power to your system is not on". Initially I thought it was referring to the battery (a 12v lead-acid rechargeable battery) which I disconnected from a red + and a black - wire leading into the battery. When I did this, the LCD keypad completely shutoff. Plugging the battery back in did not change anything -- the system remained off.I figured the battery was dead so I ordered a new one of the same type. Once I got the replacement yesterday, I plugged it in and still no power to the system. Today I shut off all the breakers at my transformer after disconnecting the battery, waited a few minutes, then put the AC power back on and then plugged in the battery. There is still no power to my alarm system. Anyone have any ideas???

ABLE1
    Participant

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

From your description it would seem that the panel is not getting AC voltage.

To verify you will need a Volt Meter.  You should have at least 16.5vac at the terminals marked AC.

If you don't have or know how to use a Volt Meter you may want to contact a local alarm dealer.

Good Luck

ABLE1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.