Home Forums DSC Technical Questions PC1832 delay entry zone as instant during Stay? And operate PGM from zone?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dalepres 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

dalepres
    Participant

I have two questions; I hope it's OK in one thread.I have a door switch on the front door I am connecting to my RFK5500

blakem
    Participant

Hi dalepres I am a fellow EE myself, For the first question there is no zone type as you describe, but what I would do is program the front door to an entry delay zone.

brandonlive
    Participant

I agree with Blakem, but the one thing I wonder is whether your outdoor PIR will only be tripped once per visitor.

dalepres
    Participant

Thanks for the ideas, both of you.

dalepres
    Participant

Ok, I got the PIR and ELK-120 tested, configured, and, I thought, set up but I can't get the PGM output to trigger the ELK-120.On the Elk, on the workbench, I can jumper from the VS- to ground and it plays the message I want it to play; perfect.I took it to the equipment closet and hooked it to the PC1832 but I can't get a peep out of the Elk.I started with PGM1 and the following settings:*8 [install code][001] 01 00 26# (zone 3 is the outdoor PIR).[009]29#[501] (only option 3 is set and that was the default)[551] (cleared all zones except 3)When I walk test the PIR, the LEDs come on but the keypad chime doesn't work with zone type 26.

blakem
    Participant

It looks like you assigned PGM1 to partition 3 when you modified section [551].

dalepres
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.From ste statement quoted below, I understood that 551 to 564 program the PGM output partition associations for most PGM types but for zone followers they are used to set the zone.

blakem
    Participant

Zone Follower PGM types 29 and 35-41 are used to assign specific zones to the PGM.

You are right, I must have gotten mixed up but yes for that PGM type the parition assignment acts as the bitmask for the zone follower.

I verified option 3 is on for section [103].

dalepres
    Participant

Thanks.

blakem
    Participant

You could do a pull up resistor in case it is just floating since it is an open collector, but i ment use a current limiting resistor and an led to test the output.

dalepres
    Participant

Gotcha.

dalepres
    Participant

I got it working to drive the Elk-120 from the DSC PGM2 for now using a relay driven by PGM2 to switch +12v to the Elk to play the message I wanted.The zone follower works right but the panel won't beep on the zone follower set to 26 zone type.

dalepres
    Participant

I forgot to add some details of how I fixed it.

blakem
    Participant

That is great you got the two systems integrated.

dalepres
    Participant

That is great you got the two systems integrated.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.