Home Forums Ademco Technical Questions programing lynxr-1

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tricity36 4 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

tricity36

hello all,

need help programming this ademco lynxr-1 (all in one kit)
    i have trasmitter 5800 as well as motion det 5890pi. i also brought another keypad 6160rf which i was told that i needed to better program the unit.

i have the manual but for some reason it jumps all over the place. can anyone help walk me through this it will be very apreciated. thanks in advance

dave

Tin Ear

Hi,  First, your 6160 is useless with this system. It would probably be best if you use the voice programming mode.  Read your manual under this topic. Enter programming mode by entering 4112 888. Then just follow the voice prompts. Perhaps you should wait for more responses on this topic, but this will get you going. By the way, if you cannot return your 6160, advertise it on Ebay, they are in pretty good demand.

tricity36

Tin, thanks for the reply back,
        I try to program it under voice I get to the part where I put the transmitter in and it keep saying …….. to program transmitter do twice to accept push add to cancel push away,. These are not the exact words but it say something similar to that

Tin Ear

Hi,  What transmitter do you have. If it is a 5816, you activate it by moving the magnet from its normal position next to the device away and back 2 times. Then, if you want to accept this setting you push the "add/away" key. Then push the "off/escape" key to exit programming mode. There should be a manual with your system entitled the Voice Prompt Programming Guide. Do you have this guide?

tricity36

i do have the 5816 transmitter and the manual. the manual state that i need to enter the serial number that came with transmitter. i see the serial number and everytime i enter it dont nothing happen. the same happen with the motion detector

Tin Ear

Hi again.  I do not think I have the skills needed to help you. I am hoping one of the pros can assist you further. Do not give up. You will continue to learn if you keep trying and precisely follow the manual. Again, I think you would do better with following the Voice Prompt Guide. But perhaps one of the others has a better approach for you. One hint I would give you is to stick to trying to program the 5816 first and do the motion detector after you get the 5816 to work. In voice prompt programming you will not need to enter the serial number, it will be recorded automatically when you trigger the device as I explained to you previously.

tricity36

Ok, thanks a million. I can only work on it on Sunday so I will try. What you told me then. If that work " I'm hoping it do" any suggestion on program the motion detection?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.