Home Forums DSC Technical Questions Programming DSC PK5500 LCD keypad

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Old EW Tech 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rick325

I have inherited a Power 1832 panel and a pair of PK 5500 programmable LCD keypads.

I have the installer code and have mostly gotten the system working the way I want.

However, I am trying to figure out how to program the PK 5500 keypad.  Specifically:

1.  The bottom right hand function buttoned (labeled 'bypass' in the user guide) does nothing.  I am hoping to program it to be an Exit/Arm with the motion sensor disabled (when I use "stay" then leave the house, the system seems to revert and re-enable the motion sensors).

2.  When the system is armed and a zone (or more) have been bypassed, there doesn't appear to be any way to visually see it by looking at a keypad.  Any way for me to change the system text to include the fact that "zone 2" or "motion sensors" have been bypassed?

Thanks in advance.
    –rick

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

Hi Rick, welcome to the forum.

Function Key 5 is defaulted as Function Option 16 (Quick Exit).  You can program the Function Keys in Keypad Programming (000) Sections 1 thru 5.  There is a list of available Options in the Installation Manual.

The system is reverting to Away because you exited thru a Delay Zone.  You may want to change the Zone Type for the motions.

To view bypassed zones, press *, *, and use the right arrow key to scroll through the zones (see User Guide, page 9).  They will be referred to as Zone 1, Zone 2, etc until you program Zone Labels.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.