Home Forums ITI and GE Technical Questions Question regarding using both internal reed and external switch on contact

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  teamgs 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

teamgs

Greetings,
        I see that the GE manual states to not use the internal reed switch when using an external contact.  Is this a "Best Practices" thing, or a physical limitation of the contact/transmitter?  Specifically, I was looking at using a model NX650 contact/transmitter, and a simple shock sensor to protect both against glass break and forced entry.

Assuming that this is physically possible, what are the downsides against using this method?

Regards,

Gary

DEL Installations
    Participant

I've never had to actually try this in recent times, however ITI's technology used to automatically learn in the loop that would be used in alarm condition only, and if I remember right, without setting up an old Ultragard here, I believe that in doing such it'd require both loops to be tripped to trigger an alarm.

I won't even mention the issue of locating a false alarm.

It can be done using an inertia based shock (Litton) and external contact, however your better bet is to purchase ITI's shock detector to have the adjustment factor for enviromental concerns.-

teamgs

Thanks Dave!

I am getting confused now, as to the most efficient way to protect a room with a single slider window.

I guess that I could get three sensors.  One wireless sensor with a terminal strip, a wired shock sensor, and a wired magnetic contact.  I could then wire both the shock and magnetic contact to the wireless sensor.

I suppose that I could also try the model 564503 sensor, which has both a frame mounted shock sensor and a magnetic contact, but no wireless transmitter.  I could then buy a transmitter.

Sighh….It would seem on the surface to be an easy thing to do..heck, the room has only one window!

Gary

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.