Home Forums DSC Technical Questions resetting pk5500 keypad to default?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kavram 12 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

birdley123
    Participant

I bought a used pk5500 keypad from someone on here and even though I broadcasted the labels, it still has the old information on it? Is there a way to return it to its default state easily, and then re-broadcast labels?

dilligaff
    Participant

To default the zone labels on a pk5500 keypad

*8 ( installer code ) *
    996* ( label default )

birdley123
    Participant

Thanks. Then just re-broadcast from the "correct" keypad, right?

birdley123
    Participant

tried that, it didn't work. could it have something to do with the firmware?  its an older pk5500 (white case w/blk plastic door)
    could it be a keypad firmware compatibility issue w my pc1832 system?

Thanks,  B

It is compatible with the system. Is the keypad you're attempting to broadcast from assigned to slot 8? Are both (all) keypads from the new series (PK or RFK)?

–Ken

birdley123
    Participant

Ken, they're all PK keypads, however i'm not sure about slot 8???  is that something that would that be done in programming only?

Brad

Fishlips25
    Participant

You can only broadcast labels from one pk5500 to another pk5500 keypad. You may actually have one of the older lcd5500 keypads and not the newer pk5500. The pk5500 are all white and the older lcd5500 are white with black all around the lcd display. You cannot broadcast labels to the lcd5500 when connected to the pc1832. You will probally have to program each keypad individually.

birdley123
    Participant

thanks, but I'm still trying to figure out how to default the lcd5500 keypad.

(996) label default did not work.  once thats done, I'm sure I'll have more questions, but for now, I'd just like to get it back to factory…

Thanks,  Brad

Fishlips25
    Participant

Should be * 8 IC * 999 ## to default the keypad. ;)

birdley123
    Participant

Thanks, I'll give THAT a shot!

kavram

Hello,

I just bought a keypad pk5500 and am having a little trouble with it.  I have another one and when I go to broadcast labels to it it does not take.  I made sure that the other keypad was in slot 8 and this one was in slot 1.  The keypad says ADT on it.  When I go into some of the menus they look different.  Is it possible that ADT has a separate firmware then standard DSC pk5500?  I was going to default it like what was mentioned in this forum but I was afraid it would default the whole system, at least that is what the manual implies.

thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.