Home Forums ITI and GE Technical Questions Simon XT Communications

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  HickoryD 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

HickoryD
    Participant

Purchased & Installed with 15 sensors about 6 weeks ago. A-OK so far. Very stable. All sensors are working properly. Programmed it to do a comm test daily. It calls me 6 times in 5 minutes at 1 every afternoon. What am I supposed to do when it calls? After about 8 seconds it hangs up. When I get back home and ask status it replies comm failure otherwise “system ok”.

MtnTech

The way you have it programed i assume is in the first field in the phone area is to call your phone correct? In the phone field if you scroll past phone 1,2  till you see the field that says voice dialer put your phone # in there and delete it from phone one.  Phone 1,2 are for the panel to call a reciever when it does it will get a "handshake" then a "kissoff" when it doesnt get this it keeps calling then goes in to comm failure. With the voice dialer it will call your phone and promt you what to do.

Hope this helps

MtnTech

HickoryD
    Participant

MtnTech, Thank you. I deleted phone numbers for now in #1, #2, & #3; and added my cell phone to #4. Tomorrow at one I should get a call and it will prompt me what to do.
    Have seen menu items come up that are not in the manual. Going to start taking notes; and there are abbreviations in the manual that are not explained or translated. Going to start trying to decipher those as well.
    Thanks again.
    HickoryD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.