Home Forums ITI and GE Technical Questions Simon XT programming

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Old EW Tech 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

stevebrtx

In the Installers manual table 4 lists a “Delay” column with “I, F & S” with I as “Intrusion” what are the F & S characteristics?I'm using a GE PIR programmed in Group 13, in a Disarmed mode it does not Chime, I have 3 Optex sensors that do Chime which is preferrable, why does the PIR not Chime?I have an outdoor siren, when I Arm the system it "beeps" for a minute - if I hit Silent exit I still get a beginning and ending beep. Is there any way to kill all "arming" beeps outside, it's a nuisance at night, I have all sensors programmed Instant no delay.

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum.

I = Instant, S = Standard delay, F = Follower (as in Interior Follower).

Chime is a function of Zone Type; check the Type settings of your Optex sensors.  Interior Type zones do not chime (it would drive people crazy if system chimed every time someone walked past a motion). 

Assuming the siren is connected to I/O, programming is under System Options (Table 22).  If I remember correctly, choices are limited and you may have to trade one nuisance for another.  I think Option 5 will silence the squawk; however, it might also remove the Timeout (will sound until disarmed).   Not sure but I think this is the case, try it, check for yourself and decide what works for your situation.

stevebrtx

Many thanks, I managed to misread the HW options and #5 is exactly what I need, you've also answered the others. I've moved everything into group 13 so they have instant alarm. The PIR I'm using is an interior unit even though it's outside on a covered terraza (I'm in MX, where it doesn't rain for 8 months) I'll have to think my way through that one, but it's the least concern. The Optex units are driven by NX-650 door sensors so that explains why they chime.

BTW the Optex are BX-80NR with NX-650 transmitters and extremely impressive in performance. Our houses here are all brick, concrete and steel so there is always a transmission concern when running anything wireless.

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

Sounds like you've got it covered Steve.  :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.