Home Forums ITI and GE Technical Questions Simon XT V2 external siren

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  HickoryD 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

HickoryD
    Participant

Installed ATW Bloodhound this morning. It works, but as a hardwired external siren, it is very much inadequate, even though it is the one the alarm distributor recommended. Curiously, the connection coincided with a communications failure. Dialing the number results in a busy signal; and the panel reports a comm failure. Have not yet selected a monitoring company but panel (before this morning) always called my cell phone during an alarm event (and I received instructions about hitting star, then pound, then do-it-again until the panel was satisfied). It is a digital AT&T line shared with my modem which is connected. I suppose my next test should be disconnecting the external siren to see if my phone line is restored. Thanks for any assistance with these two issues.

mgripp

Well the xt just isn't going to give you earth shaking sirens no matter what you do, not enough power.  Personally have tried several different models on it for interior the wave-2EX because it has low power option which you need for that panel.  But for exterior don't know I probably would still use same siren they are inexpensive so depending on where/how you installed it, it probably would last a while depening on weather etc.  I have seen a atw indoor/out 15watt that is decent again for that panel.  Comm failure ?? Is the phone line seized with rj block?

mgripp

Ge has a exterior as well thats pretty good low current 111db exterior

HickoryD
    Participant

What a coincidence. My land line went out just as I was hooking up the external siren. Phone tech called me twice Monday; second time when he found (and fixed) the problem just across the road from my house.
    Maybe this is a different topic but I did have a GE login at Ges marto. My bookmark now goes to ITE (I think that's the name). Is there still a tech login for a GE site for the XT?
    Do you know where I might find the part number for a GE external siren?
    Thanks.

mgripp

13-950 – GE Hardwire Exterior Siren

HickoryD
    Participant

13-950. Thanks. I'll look into it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.