This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Old EW Tech 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Felix
    Participant

Re TL-150 ? 

OPTION A :
    I have a Power Series 832 with PC5010 with no PC Link.  Will the TL-150 do the job for IP, Internet and Email connection.  I see in the TL-250 installation manual that the 250 can send email but I cannot find any documents of that detail for the TL-150.

OPTION B :
    Unless I change my board to PC5020 and buy a TL-250, which option would you suggest ?

Thanks
    Felix

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

Hi, welcome to the forum.

The TL-150 will do the job of IP reporting but will not send email notifications.

Unless you are planning an update/upgrade, I would suggest keeping the 5010, adding the TL-150 and having the CS send the email.

Felix
    Participant

My system operate on a stand-alone basis therefore there is no CS involved.

Can I check the DSC system status trough an internet access based on a TL-150 hooked-up to my DSL modem (with a router) ?

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

No, the TL-150 will not do what you want.  It is designed to provide IP Reporting to a CS.

As you noted, the 250 will send email notification; however, it will require upgrading to a 5020.  Additionally, the 250 requires special software to configure it for email and its installation is best left to a professional.

You could add a dialer to your 5010 but consider that professional monitoring can be had for as little as $9 a month and could qualify for a discount on your insurance.       

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.