Home Forums DSC Technical Questions TL150 IP communicator

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  torrex1980 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

jbhman_24

Does anybody have any experiance with the DSC TL150- Residential IP communicator.
    Our monitoring company doesn't accept VOIP signals and we have found one that does. We are going to test the signals this week.  Wiring is pretty straight forward, but the program looks confusing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

It can be confusing but the 150 has only a couple of fields that require change and the required data has to come from your CS.

They should give you what you need for the 150 and also let you know what they want in the communicator.

jbhman_24

Thanks! We are going to try it this week sometime.

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

If you have problems let us know, we have IP receiving equipment and we can run some tests with you.

jbhman_24

We are working on it today and we may need a little help.  Can we contact you, if we run into trouble, and figure this out?

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

Post if you have a  problem as your question and any responses it receives  may help others in the future.

You can send a Private Message as well.  :)

jbhman_24

Alright where up and going.  We had a little prob with loging into the tl-150.  When I type tl-150 into the address line it went to some website…quicksearch.  It was one of the sites that when you mistype an address it sends you to there search page.  We finally got into it and had a question on the encryption key.  Is this something we create or something we get for central station?

jbhman_24

Also can we get an Ip address so we can test signals. I'll put my email in my profile.

We figured out the quicksearch deal…just a little adware that we removed.

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

We sent you a Private Message regarding the setup.

jbhman_24

A HUGE "Thank You" goes out to Dave.

With his help, we were able to conduct our test  today.  Wouldn't you know, it all worked the very first try.  I think we both learned something about our equipment.  The TL-150 was simple to install and just as easy to configure. 

Thanks again to Dave for his help and for this great forum.  It beats the tech support at any manufacturer's site hands down.

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

You're welcome, we were happy to help. 

It was the first opportunity we had to test that particular line receiver.  It took a while to work out some wrinkles but after that it was just like fallin' off a log.

We sent you a copy of the file.  Just give a yell if we can lend a hand in the future.

AND, the forum thanks you for the compliment.    :)

jreedar

Looking at this thread I'm sure my questions are easily answered, so here goes.

Given the simplicity of the TL-150 admin web page looking at the documentation I'm sure these are very simple questions, but my original installer isn't being helpful on what the settings should be.

Based on the instructions these are the configuration settings:

• Reciever Reporting IP address:
    • Reciever Port:(default is 3061)
    • Encryption Key(HEX – up to 32 Characters):
    • Account Code(4-6 Digits):
    • Test Transmission Period(x15 minutes(0-99) – 0 to disable):
    • Enable Transmission of Opening & Closings (check box option, by default this is disabled)
    • Enable Network Supervision(check box option)
    • Supervision Period(10-99) seconds:

I just need to know what's required to ask my installer for the information.  Would 'Receiver Reporting IP address' be the IP address of my monitoring company?  Possibly the port of 3061 won't need changing. Is Encryption Key needed or possibly optional?  What is the 'Account Code' would this be a code that identifies my account to the monitoring company?  I'm guessing that 'Test Transmission Period' would be how often the panel sends a status update to the monitoring company with the number supplied being in 15 minute intervals?

If I could get more details on these settings I could then ask my original installer these very specific questions that he could answer.  I wanted to know everything before installing it so I could minimize my downtime as much as possible.

Thank for any help.

torrex1980
    Participant

hi..im install tl-150, but no event appear in the monitoring company..any help for this.

im done set-up..dsc 1832 panel

thanks

torrex1980
    Participant

how can i program SIA reporting codes?

thanks

torrex1980
    Participant

please help me about tl-150..no event appear n the monitoring..

thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.