Home Forums Ademco Technical Questions unable to disarm vista 20p

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alarmtech 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

pizzaguy

I have a vista 20p system and cannot disarm the system. My daughter was home alone and went to set the alarm and forgot the code. She pushed somemore buttons and now all that is displayed is armed *instant*. I have tried the 4 digit code +1, it's like the keypad is locked out. The only way to arm and disarm the system is pulling the plug. As soon as plug it back in it goes back to armed *instant*. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Thanks

Security101
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum…

Oooops :'(

She must have accidentally used "someones code" to arm in instant.

Do you know all the codes that are on the system? You will have to go thru them to try to disarm the system (that 4 digit code and 1(off)).

Let us know what you come up with, there may be another way thru programming, but you wont like it.

Are you monitored? Can the dealer provide you with the code after he confirms who you are? Or download and disarm?

Jim

pizzaguy

Simple setup. We only have one code. We are not monitored. We just moved into a new house and wanted to get the bugs worked out before having it monitored. My father-in-law helped me set the system up. It was working very nice till this.

Alarmtech
    Participant

Make sure none of the keys on the keypad are stuck(in the depressed position), and that each key responds with a chirp when pressed.

Failing that you may need someone to upload/download it for you.

Alarmtech
    Participant

Is this a new install? Are you just using the installer code to operate the system?.. if so try 1234-1 if no master code has been set yet. If quick-arm is enabled and use it to arm, the installer code will not disarm the system.

pizzaguy

That did the trick. Thank You. Is 1234 a default setting? Kinda scary that could deactivate the system. The system has been in for about a year. Is there a way to change that code to something else? Again thank you!!

Security101
    Keymaster

Great save Alarmtech!!

Master code (1234) + 8 + 02(user#) + new code + new code again

The keypad will beep once. After that try the new code and 1(off) to see that it beeps (just tests it). Then you should be able to arm normally.

I always recommend giving every user their own code so the master isn't accidentally used to change user programming (like codes etc.) which could lead to this type of issue (not sure that's what happened here though). A standard user cannot change codes.

To add a new standard user:
    Master code + 8 + 03 + new user code (once)

User codes 03 – 49 on your 20P can be programmed just make sure you note who each user# is and their code

To delete a user (defaults that user#):
    Master code + 8 + _ _ (user #) + # + 0

Always punch 03-09 with the 0 (always 2 digits)

Hope that helps, let us know how it goes…

Jim

Alarmtech
    Participant

Yes 1234 is the master code by default, it should ALWAYS be changed. Glad we were able to help you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.