Home Forums Ademco Technical Questions Wiring a 7845GSM into a 4110XM panel help needed please

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Greg G 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Greg G

Hello, I have had this panel for years, and it works well. My monitoring company added the 7845 awhile back and wired it in for me. I'm assuming it worked/communicated. I did some re-wiring of the system recently, like moving the phone jack that was mounted on the wall at shoulder level to above the ceiling out of sight and easy reach. I also took off all of the crimped on connectors that they had on the EOLR's and soldered everything. One connection had corroded, causing problems/ and this is what prompted me to go over everything. Anyway, somehow in all of my madness I managed to disconnect the wires to the 7845. I tried to get it back working by using the bell output as a trigger (Bell+ to terminal 5 on the 7845, and ground to terminal #3 per Honeywells instructions). I get a Check 70 code on the panel when hooked up like this. Can anyone shed some light on this before I call a technician out?Many Thanks!

Fishlips25
    Participant

The Bell- should go to terminal 4 on the GSM and the bell + should goto terminal 5 on the gsm. Terminal 3 should only be used if you are connecting to a vista series panel.

Check 70 means that there is a problem with the bell circuit. Most likely you are back feeding something into the bell circuit from terminal 3 of the gsm.  Correct the wiring and see if that takes care of it. Also test the system with the monitoting company to make sure the gsm is communicating properly when you are finished.

Greg G

Thank you for replying.

I connected the Bell- , which is the fourth terminal from the left on the 4110 panel, to the number 4 terminal on the 7845. Then the Bell+ , which is the third terminal from the left on the 4110, to the 5th terminal on the 7845.

The Check 70 code came right back on.

Edit: I made a mistake in my first post. I did try it the way you just recommended it last night. Figure #3 in Honeywells instructions show it like you stated, Bell_ to 4, and Bell + to 5.

Kallico1

Check the voltage sitting on the bell output with the radio hooked up. Sometimes the radios produce a standing feedback voltage. 

Greg G

Thank you for replying.

The #5 terminal on the GSM has 1.7 volts. This is the terminal that Bell + connects to.

Waht does that mean? Is the board fried? Does there need to be a diode in that circuit?

Fishlips25
    Participant

Try disconnecting the siren from the bell terminals but leave the gsm tied in. Then press your code + 1 a few times at the keypad to see if the 70 clears. If not then do then reverse and disconnect the gsm and tie the siren only in. Hit your code + 1 a few times to see if it clears. This might help us know if it's the siren or the gsm causing the issue.

Greg G

I removed the lines to the bell, and connected the GSM wires back up. Check 70 came on immediately. Master Code + 1 (off) done a half dozen times didn't get rid of it.

With the siren only it doesn't throw a code.

Fishlips25
    Participant

Ok so it is something with the GSM's end that is causing the issue.

It would be rare that you fried something it may still just be a wiring issue. The bell – of the panel has to goto terminal 4 of the GSM. That's what commons or grounds the two panels together. But, the bell + of the panel can goto terminals 5 – 10 on the GSM depending on what zones your monitoring company wants the GSM to report. To make sure that you have the bell + wired properly into the GSM it's important that you call your monitoring co and find out what zones they are expecting to get from the GSM when it goes off.

Normally I use terminal 5, but it's possible that your monitoring co is using another terminal and it is backfeeding voltage to the panel. Let us know what zone the monitoring co is expecting to receive from the GSM. That way we can make sure you are tied to the GSM properly.

Greg G

Thanks.

Terminals 5-10 on the GSM put out 1.6-1.7 volts. It looks like I'll have to get a tech out here. Could be a programming issue. I see in the manual that this GSM can be set up to trigger from the bell – .

I'll fill you guys in on what it was, so it might help someone in the future.

Greg

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.