Home Forums Moose Technical Questions Z1100 – attempted to reset to factory code failed

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Old EW Tech 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

JSnow789

So thanks to the instructions I found here, I was able to enter programming mode to attempt to reset the code back to factory so that I could create my own PAC. Everything appears to go according to the instructions with the exception that when I enter the 1,5,3,# code the system beeps after the 3. This happens after each 3 digit code and ultimately when I go back to regular mode from programming mode the 98765 code does not work. I've lived in this house for 8 years and never bothered with the system but I'd like to use it now. When I powered it up, the system beeps and the lights are as follows: 1 on, 2 flashes, 3 on red, 4 off, 5 on amber, 6 on green, 7 and 8 are off.Any assistance you can provide would be helpful.Thanks!

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum.

Which Z1100 system do you have (Z1100 Sys I, Z1100 Sys II, Z1100e)?
    Which instructions were you following?

Let us know.

JSnow789

I'll have a look at the board to see which system it is when I get home tonight-but I'm guessing it's a Sys I since it's OE from when the house was built in the early 1990s.

I used the instructions I found here to power off the system, set the programming switch on, then the 135#, 153#, 101* (or something similar) sequence.

JSnow789

so—how do I tell which system I have? Nothing stood out and screamed at me. Also-I'm sure the battery is dead. Should I replace it before I do anything else?

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

What is printed on the front of the door?

Yes, if the battery is bad, replace it.

JSnow789

Z1100 and under that 'Security Control'

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

That should be the Z1100 System I.  If you don't have manuals for the system, you can download them from the forum's Moose Manuals Downloads Section (link in left column).

You may not need to reset the Program Code in order to change the User Code.  Try the Instructions given in the User Manual first using the Default Programming Code (9, 8, 7, 6, 5).  Don't forget to enter the Program Command Digit (9) before the Programming Code.

JSnow789

As I stated in the original post-I've tried to use the 98765 code and that doesn't work. :( That is why I tired to reset the program code. Thanks!

Old EW Tech
    Keymaster

I understand but you will have to give us the exact step-by-step procedure that you used in each case.

If the procedures don't work, the board is bad.

Again, I recommend starting with the procedure given on page 15 in the Z1100 User Manual.

If the Default programming code has been changed, it can be reset with the following:

Reset the User Code on the Z1100 when the Programming Code is unknown

Note:  the keypad should beep after entering the 1, 5, 3 and again after entering the #, don't worry about or count the beeps from that point on, just continue with the procedure.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.