Home Forums Home Automation – Cross-Platforms zwave thermostat issues. Need ideas

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TechnicianG 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

watson 29

Hey guys. Did an install at a customer's house who has a z-wave door lock and a ct30 thermostat, or zstat, or 2gig thermostat, or whatever you wanna call it.  Panel is a Concord 4, with landline with a Zwave GSM for back up through Alarm.com. The stat is a 4 wire with batteries, no a/c. Everything learned in fine and customer was very happy for the first week. Now, he's starting to get intermittent "malfunctions" that don't seem to be related to any activity. I've been in touch with techsupport for the stat manufacture and alarm.com and both were about equally worthless, both suggesting to delete and relearn it once a week. The worst part is, there's no way for me to find out what the malfunction is. The GSM is getting about 4-5 flashes from the signal led and is about 20ft from the stat, so range and signal strength shouldn't be the issue. Does anyone have any idea of what the malfunction could be or who would/might know that I can get in touch with. Thanks in advanced.

watson 29

Turns out the power supply for the gsm was causing interference. power supply removed, problem solved.

TechnicianG

where did you get the tstat power from? i have it wired into the ac voltage on the mother board of the furnacce but it only gets power triggered on when the furnace kicks on. so the tstat runs on the 3double a batteries for stand by. but needs to replace batterys within 2weeks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.