Home security essentials for families
Your home is the most valuable property that most people own. It is the place where you call home and is the place where your family resides. In addition to the special people in your life, it is also the place that keeps most of the valuables that you own. Because of the importance of your home, it is imperative that you do everything you can to ensure that it is safe from criminals.
There are many things that homeowners can do to keep their homes and possessions safe from intruders. Burglary is one of the most common crimes that can happen to people's homes. Burglars will generally watch people's homes to see when the house is vacant and see if they can spot trends on when people will be gone. Key signs that burglars look for is lights remaining off in the home even at night, mail or newspaper not being brought in during the day and lack of activity. These are sure signs of being a prime target for criminals.
Residents of homes need to take precautions to ensure that their homes are safe from burglars. Ways to be safe is to make sure that lights are on and that the house looks occupied, even when nobody is home. In addition, secure doors and windows can be effective preventative measures that can be taken. Robberies are not the only concerns that homeowners should have about house safe. Keeping kids safe at home and protecting your home from accidental fires are just a couple of important facts to keep in mind.
In addition to security measures that can be used within the home, our company has also assisted many homeowners in finding ways to keep homes safe from crime. We would like to share some of our finding with you to help keep your home and family safe. Please review this information and share it with others who can benefit.
- Hiding House Key Tips and Advice
- Best Outside Places to Place Extra Keys
- Tips on Adding Plants for Security in Your Yard
- Information in Your Yard for Home Security
- Preventing Home Burglaries With Lights and Timers
- Using Timers for Home Security While Traveling
- Starting a Neighborhood Watch Around Your Home (PDF)
- Counting on Your Neighbors While You Are on Vacation
- Do It Yourself Installation of Home Security
- Benefits and Information on Home Security Systems
- The Importance of Having a Safety Plan for the Family
- Making Certain Your Family is Ready for Emergencies
- Help on the Installation of Lighting in Your Yard for Security
- Using Security Lighting Outdoors to Prevent Burglaries
- Information and Advice on Locking Your Windows Properly (PDF)
- Tips on Ensuring Your Property is Locked and Secure
- Advice on Safe and Security Apartment Selection
- Preventing Garage and Other Outdoor Location Break-ins
- Garage Doors and Protecting Them From Burglars
- Home Safety Tips and Advice for Kids
- Teaching Children to Be Safe and Aware
- Home Fire Information for the Entire Family
- Red Cross Fire Prevention Information and Safety Tips
- Home Fire Safety and Prevention Information.
- Home Safety Resource Guide
- Free Tips and Information on Safety and Health
- Safe Kids Worldwide Resources
- Infant and Toddler Safety Around the Home
The LiveWatch Approach to Home Security
Everyone deserves to have peace of mind in their own home. We ensure this peace of mind by providing home security you can be confident in—security that's simple, affordable, personalized, and most importantly, reliable.
We developed Plug&Protect to be a perfect marriage of these principles, all in one simple package. And our commitment doesn't end there—our award-winning customer center takes pride in being there for you when you need us, so you can relax and enjoy what matters most.